Miles City 2016

Range Riders Museum – Fort Keogh Officers Quarters

The Range Riders Museum was founded in 1939 by five cowboys who decided they did not want their way of life to be forgotten. The museum now has thirteen buildings which are home to collections of “Old West” history, including relics from cowboys, homesteaders, the railroad industry, and various businesses and livestock industries.

One the buildings, the Fort Keogh Officers’ Quarters, had roof leaks that went unnoticed for an extended period of time, ruining ceilings and walls and endangering the collections inside. Fixing the roof was the first step to repairing the Fort Keogh Officers’ Quarters, and the MHF grant gave the museum the initial momentum needed to complete the repairs.