The Lower Cracker Box School is located 18 miles southwest of Glendive and served the local farming community from 1913 to 1968. This one-room schoolhouse served as a community center for over a decade. The community made minor repairs to the building, but larger projects were hard to accomplish with limited resources. With funding from MHF, broken roof shingles were replaced, the bell tower was repaired and cedar siding was replaced on the schoolhouse.
Glendive, MT 2012