The Lewistown Municipal Airport was originally an Army-Air Force satellite airfield training base during World War II. The Petroleum/Oil Storage House was constructed in 1942 for the storage of petroleum products used in the operation of the military satellite airfield. It remains a storage facility for petroleum for the airport to this day.
The Lewistown Airport Board, using MHF funds, rehabilitated and restored the Petroleum/Oil Storage House. Restoration included painting the brick building, re-roofing, and replacing two doors.