In 1911 the Jefferson County Schoolhouse was constructed to replace the original schoolhouse that burned down. The building was used as a schoolhouse until 1952 and has been used a community center since 2001. The schoolhouse is the only gathering center in northern Jefferson County and hosts a wide array of community events. The Jefferson City Volunteer Fire Department used MHF funds to replace the roof of the schoolhouse and preserve the structure for future use.
Jefferson City, MT 2013