The Wisdom Community Building Association was founded in 1914 when a group of citizens purchased the one-room school and moved it to its current location in downtown Wisdom. In the 1950s, the building was expanded, the library was moved to the new location and operated until the 1980s. Within the library collection was Big Hole Breeze newspapers from 1900 through 1914, Big Hole Basin newspapers from 1915 to 1928 and Wisdom newspapers from 1928 to 1930.
Wisdom Community Building Association used MHF funds to purchase flat files to store the newspapers in the library. Prior to this project, the newspapers were on the floor underneath piles of books.