Your gift can have an historic impact!
The Montana History Foundation is a registered 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charitable foundation. Your gift, no matter the size, helps us to preserve Montana’s important heritage resources.
What your money can do:
- $500 can purchase paint and supplies to give a face-lift to a one-room schoolhouse
- $1,000 can purchase equipment to digitize important historical photographs
- $1,500 can pay for a roof repair on a building on the National Register of Historic Places
- $3,000 can pay for an oral historian to collect and preserve the unique experiences of our elders
- $3,500 can restore the decorative tin work on a 19th century mansion
- $4,000 can provide archival storage materials to safely preserve museum collections
- $5,000 can bring experts to Montana to restore headstones in an historic cemetery
Give Monthly – Become a Montana History Defender! History Defenders are donors like you who make their charitable contributions to the Montana History Foundation in a monthly payment.
Giving Levels – No matter the size of your gift, we work hard to ensure that your donation helps to save Montana’s history for generations to come.
Giving Opportunities – Your gift can have a direct impact on heritage resources in communities all across Montana.
Planned Giving – We offer a variety of Planned Giving options including:
- Bequests of CDs and Bank Accounts
- Real Estate
- Retirement Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Charitable Gift Annuities
- Charitable Remainder Trusts
- Montana Charitable Endowment Tax Credit