The Miles City Academy is a beautiful three story building erected as a Convent in 1902 in formal Colonial Revival style with distinctive Romanesque and Queen Anne elements. The well-preserved landmark is a tribute to the Ursuline Sisters, marking their contribution to the building of eastern Montana and dedicated service. Generations of Montana children, regardless of religious affiliation, boarded and were educated at the convent. The “Convent Keepers” formed in 1991 to rescue the building from being torn down and save it for use as a community center.
With the help of a $4,000 grant from the Montana History Foundation, the Miles City Academy replaced deteriorating mortar between bricks and replaced and restored rotting boards around windows on all four sides of the historic 1902 building. This is the first phase of a project to address exterior repairs on the building.