The Montana History Foundation offers gift opportunities for:
MHF History Emergencies! – funding for urgent, imperiled historic projects, to assist communities in saving significant resources.
MHF Grants Program – funding directly to community organizations for building restoration, oral histories, preservation of cemeteries and sacred sites, museum exhibits and collections preservation, as well as for education and outreach about Montana history.
MHF Operations Endowment – long-term endowment funding for future operations of the Montana History Foundation.
MHF Where Most Needed – funding to save and preserve Montana’s important history and historic resources.
What your money can do:
- $500 can purchase paint and supplies to give a face-lift to a one-room schoolhouse
- $1,000 can purchase equipment to digitize important historical photographs
- $1,500 can pay for a roof repair on a building on the National Register of Historic Places
- $3,000 can pay for an oral historian to collect and preserve the unique experiences of our elders
- $3,500 can restore the decorative tin work on a 19th century mansion
- $4,000 can provide archival storage materials to safely preserve museum collections
- $5,000 can bring experts to Montana to restore headstones in an historic cemetery
We offer our donors a wide range of tax-friendly giving options. Some examples include:
- Gifts of Cash: we accept gifts by check or credit card. These can be one-time gifts or recurring monthly or annual payments.
- Gifts of Real Estate: we accept gifts of real estate. You can make gifts of real property to The Montana History Foundation and deduct the fair market value with no capital gains liability for the transfer.
- Gifts of Stocks, Bonds, and/or Mutual Funds: we accept transfers of securities. We can provide you with a charitable receipt for the full market value of the donation.
- Montana Endowment Tax Credit: The Montana History Foundation Permanent Endowment qualifies for this unique credit. Montana is one of only four states to offer this important credit. Call us to discuss how you can qualify for the credit.